Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Team Accent Phils. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
1st Team Accent Philippines Fun Ride 2012; A Different Kind of Tap: A story to cherish that will mark in our lives
Topic Started: Sep 19 2012, 05:12 PM (1,328 Views)
richie
Member Avatar
Navigator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A big congratulations to Team Accent Philippines for making the very 1st Fun ride of 2012 a success. Its a stormy Saturday morning with monsoon rain and some flooded areas around Manila but TAP members cannot be stopped to gave their best just to join the 1st fun ride. Here's the story...

A Different Kind of TAP
by Richie S. Rodriguez

Early in the morning, I've been monitoring the weather and flood via teleradyo. On our way to the 1st gate of our village a flood surprised me, so from there we went to the 2nd gate and hit the Ortigas ext. with no flood and no traffic.

Posted Image

Along the way when me and my family reached SLEX from C5 road, I swerved the highway to the left then when I looked at my rear view mirror I saw a black accent. Guess who?, It was natas, the car of Dr. Adam Mercado breaking the rain with the north team, what a coincidence! So we headed up at SHELL gas station to meet the south team. Exactly 8:00 am the journey began.

Posted Image

I was the last car of the convoy because I will serve as a sweeper when suddenly Mr. Noah Feliciano surprised me. As we hit the road, the convoy disappeared, now its just me and Noah. Tried to shout at the two way radio but silence just lingers. So I called the head marshal ( Edward Santillian) to confirm their location. So me and Noah together with my family headed to Caltex. From there we parked again and almost closed that portion of a parking lot. The convoy began again but now in a smooth way. When we reached Eton exit, I reached out for my camera again and started to shoot photos.

Posted Image

We then go to Paseo de Sta. Rosa for breakfast all together. After, our breakfast I saw this beautiful lady beside my car. Then after a few seconds, I realized it was Jawilliams, hehehe. The weather at that
time is already beautiful so I decided to take a TAP family picture.

Posted Image

Posted Image

We roll out again just like bunch of autobots and this time around we are heading up to Tagaytay. Cars, tricycles and truck are now cutting our convoy, I saw some overtake of the year, well its part of the journey and its kinda stressful for some but definitely were having fun. When we reached Tagaytay the unexpected shook us all, a heavy fog is covering the entire road. We now then turned on our emergency lights for safety and I decided to roll down my window. My son started shouting “This is the best day ever!!!”.

Posted Image

Back to the road, we are now looking for Gerry's Grill where we will spend our lunch. Then boom, we missed the place due to heavy fog, It's UTURN time causing some traffic, hehehe. Then finally we saw Gerry's Grill, thanks to Mr. Edward Santillian. From here we gathered at the very long table.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was a little bit nervous at that time because there were lots of members and just like me some members are with their family. I cant start a thing so we decided to order food first, then while having lunch I prepared the stubs for the raffle. While cutting the stubs, I noticed that some numbers are missing. Im on a go to switch the panic button, but thanks to my wife and Mr. Heryll Dan's wife for helping me, whew. From there it all became simultaneous. The raffle begins and started with the items brought by Mr. Wes Lee (lighting autoworks), a korean member of TAP. When I learned he was a Korean, Im so aware that I have to speak in English and its a nosebleed for me, hahaha. Followed by Sleekworks carwash providing free car wash, single wax and double wax the most expensive one. Unexpectedly some members thrown some blessings for the raffle. After the raffle, Mr. Hendz proposed for the election of officers and the members voted. Our president was so speechless, I think he was kinda shock and nervous hahaha.

Posted Image

So my simple task is done from there, so I decided to advance to rowena's to buy some pasalubong like buko tart, okoy and some sweets, well it kinda tradition when going to the mountains of Tagaytay. When we arrived to rowena's just a few minutes the convoy arrived. I remember the vendor that talking to me that time, he's eyes are rolling to the convoy saying, “Ay sya! kadami nyo pala sir” wearing a big smile. From there we started again the journey going back to manila. Thank you so much dear sponsors, participants, winners and supporters.

Posted Image

It was one of a kind experience to cherish during our lifetime. Thanks to all for making such a milestone for our group. This is just the beginning of our journey. Team Accent Philippines, Mabuhay!!!
Edited by richie, Sep 20 2012, 11:35 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
« Previous Topic · Announcements & News · Next Topic »
Add Reply